The secret to building successful Facebook ads is that it all boils down to one thing- engagement. You can’t just post something and expect people will engage with your content, so here’s what you need for a great campaign:
You might also be interested in WHAT ARE THE MAIN ISSUES PEOPLE FACE USING FACEBOOK ADS?
Everything Starts with the Goal
The problem with Facebook ads is that there’s not always a clear path to success. To make sure you’re getting your money’s worth, it’ll be important for any business owner who uses these tools and platforms to put in the time necessary.
So, ask yourself this – what do you want to achieve with your Facebook ad campaign? Do you need traffic for the website or product promotion?
Your marketing objective will be the first thing you see when creating an ad. For example, if want to get more email sign-ups then run a lead generation campaign.
Target Your Audience
media agencies and marketers alike have been using Facebook to reach their desired audience for years now, but there is more than one way of getting your message across. From ads on desktop or mobile devices, it’s important that you use these channels strategically so they don’t feel like wasted time with no results.
With Facebook marketing, you can reach your audience in a way that is tailored specifically for them. You are able to target people based on their location and gender which makes it great because not only do we get more customers but also higher conversion rates.
With the Custom Audience feature you can take your Facebook marketing one step further by tapping into an audience similar to people that have already liked or followed certain pages on Facebook. This will allow for potential customers who may need products/services from those brands but aren’t aware yet.
The best way to ensure a successful ad campaign is by understanding your target audience. Use Facebook’s Audience Insights tool, which will help you figure out what they want and need from their daily lives so that the message of yours speaks directly towards those interests.
Hook Your Audience with Stellar Ad Copy
If you want to create successful Facebook ads, then you need to:
- Grab the attention of your potential customer.
- Show that you understand his problem and can provide valuable information.
- Make him eager to learn more.
As a marketer, you might ask yourself how do I write compelling ad copy? That is an easy question to answer when we take into account psychology. Here are some examples:
- Use questions or interesting facts to grab their attention;
- Tell them how you are planning to solve their specific problem. For example, if they are looking for a weight loss regimen, they want to know how fast your product will work;
- Provide just enough information to intrigue them and get them to click on your link. Example: “You’ll be shocked to learn how much you can save with our services;”
- Create a sense of urgency and scarcity. Tell your target audience that your offer is limited and that it expires in just a few short days to tap into their fear of missing out (FOMO;)
- Always include a call to action in your ad copy and tell prospects exactly what you want them to do – click, download, shop, call to make an appointment, etc.
- Use split testing to see which ad copy performs better so that you don’t waste your Facebook marketing budget on ads that don’t get any results.
Pictures Speak Louder Than Words on Facebook
The news feed on Facebook is a highly visual platform. Users scroll through their feeds, stopping from time to time whenever an image catches their eye and if you have any less than perfect ads then they’ll go unnoticed.
High-quality images are essential for a high click-through rate, but they’re not enough by themselves. You need more than just good photos to send your online marketing efforts skyrocketing.
- The highest converting Facebook ads use images of happy people looking directly at the camera;
- Avoid images with Facebook’s color scheme and use bold and vivid colors;
- Use your logo to build brand recognition;
- Make sure that the image contains less than 20% text. Otherwise, Facebook will show your ad to fewer people;
- Just as with the ad copy, test multiple versions to see which images perform better.
Create a Captivating Landing Page
Congratulations! You’ve managed to persuade prospects through your Facebook ad, but the hard work doesn’t stop here. The experience people have when they reach your landing page will play an important role in how successful and memorable their visit was with you as well.
The landing page should be informative, to the point, and easy for your visitors. It can’t include any hidden fees or complicated features which might confuse them in their decision-making process so that is why you need an intuitive interface also.
Facebook Campaigns Done Right
The key to a successful Facebook marketing campaign is all in the details. You have got hundreds of things going on here, and if you want the results of your ads without wasting money or time then it’s important that every aspect gets overlooked at some point during setup.
If you feel overwhelmed by the prospect of diving into Facebook advertising, then you should let us take the wheel.
Here at Australian Internet Advertising, we are a team of professionals with years of experience in social media marketing, content marketing, and pay-per-click advertising. Get in touch to find out more about how we can help.