Google Business Profile is a profile for local businesses that appears on the search engine results page and maps page. Setting up this profile is one of the best methods for local businesses to tap into nearby audiences.
Previosuly known as a Google My Business Listing, it can appear in Google Search and Maps every time a user searches for your type of local service. These searches usually come with a strong user intention to convert, which is why it’s so important to make sure you stay on top of the GBP listings.
And the best way to do that is to make sure your listing is optimised and offers customers everything they need to know about you. So if your listing doesn’t have any attributes yet, it’s high time to complete your Google business profile.
What are the new Google Business Profile attributes?
Google Business Attributes are tidbits of additional information you can offer potential customers to help them fully understand what your business can offer.
The more the customer understands about your business, the higher the chances they will convert. For example, if you have a local coffee shop, potential customers may have certain questions about your shop, such as:
- Is it wheelchair-accessible?
- What type of beverages do they sell?
- Can I pay with a card?
- Do I need to make a reservation first, etc?
Attributes essentially allow you to answer all these questions before you even interact with the consumer.
There are multiple types of attributes to help people understand what your business offers, such as:
- Business category
- Accessibility attributes
- Clientele (LGBTQIA friendly, family-friendly, etc.)
- Payment types
- Dinner options
- Reservation requirements
- Health and safety
- Others (such as hosting game nights, having board games, etc.)
Some attributes can be industry-specific, or country-specific, but in general, it’s worth taking a look at the list and adding as many attributes to your listings as possible.
How Can You Add Attributes to Your Listing
To add attributes to your listing, you need to go over to your Google Business account and follow these steps:
- Select edit profile
- Go to business information
- Scroll past the information about your hours, location, and links
- Click to edit the attributes
- Add the attributes that apply to you and save
The process is really easy, although it may take a while for the changes to be visible on your page.
What Else Can You Do to Improve Your Business Profile?
It’s important to understand how people may benefit from your Google Business profile. The listing appears in search results when people search for local businesses or services.
This usually means they have a specific need they want to address right away, like finding a restaurant or booking a haircut appointment. So apart from the business profile attributes, it’s important to make sure your local business provides information such as:
- Its address and multi-locations if relevant;
- Contact information, such as phone number, email, or website;
- Service areas;
- Working hours and days;
- Important links, such as links to online bookings, menus, subscription pages, or others.
This is all information that can tell a user whether you are available at the time of the search and whether you offer the right types of services or products they are looking for.
Then, there are other types of content on your Google Business Profile that can help them make a decision:
- User reviews – Potential customers will use them to get a sense of the quality of your services. It’s important to manage public reviews and engage with them, especially the negative ones, to show customers how you handle such situations:
- Photos – These help people see your venue and get an even better idea of the type of experience you offer;
- Posts – You get to use your profile to add updates, offers, and other essential information potential customers should know about.
How Australian Internet Advertising Can Help
Promoting your business on search engines is one of the best things local businesses can do to reach their target audience online. We at Australian Internet Advertising are here to help business owners get a better spot in local search and drive conversions and sales online.
If you want to learn more about our SEO services and how we can help, feel free to reach out to our team for a chat! Call 1300 304 640.