A lot of restaurant owners think that a Google My Business page is enough to get customers through the door. While GMB is excellent for your local SEO efforts, building a website for your restaurant business is just as important.
Here’s an interesting fact: 93% of people look for menus online before dining out
And, it makes perfect sense if you think about it. You too would probably like to know the menu options first before getting dressed, getting in your car, and driving to the restaurant only to find out that the food is not to your liking.
The good news is that a good restaurant site doesn’t have to be too complex. And there are plenty of website builders that can help you build yours.
Here’s a look at the best restaurant website builders and the tools and features they offer.
You might also be interested in IN WEB DEVELOPMENT, WHAT IS A USER AGENT?
What to Look for in a Restaurant Website Builder
The information on a restaurant site tends to change quite often. Maybe you need to update the daily specials every day or you need to include new offers on your menu. Regardless, you need a website builder that is easy to use, offers plenty of tools that can make the website for your restaurant stand out, and can help you reach more potential clients.
Here are some key features a good restaurant website builder should offer:
- Flexible web design: In addition to a wide range of restaurant website templates, a good site builder should also provide design flexibility so that you can customise your site to match your branding.
- SEO and marketing tools: You also want to ensure that prospects will find your restaurant site online, so make sure that the site builder also offers SEO tools, email marketing features, contact forms, and so on.
- Easy integration: Opt for a site builder that offers easy integration for menus, interactive maps, online ordering and reservations, and so on.
The Best Website Builders for Restaurant Sites
Keeping these key features in mind, here’s a list of some of the best website builders for your restaurant business.
With a plethora of features and tools, Wix is perhaps the best website builder for a restaurant site. It offers 64 restaurant website templates divided into five categories: Restaurant, Catering & Chef, Cafe & Bakery, Food & Drinks, and Bar & Club.
Wix offers a wide range of tools and apps that can help restaurant owners with almost everything, from taking online orders and reservations to connecting your site to your social media accounts. But, what makes this website builder truly shine is the level of customisation it offers. You can change and personalise each element to make the website fit your restaurant’s branding.
If you want to take your restaurant site to the next level and access even more tools and features, then we recommend upgrading to one of their business plans. With a paid plan you will get:
- Wix Restaurant Orders: A commission-free ordering app that you can also use to add special discounts to certain orders.
- Analytics: Access to various metrics that help you understand your website’s performance.
- Wix Reservations: Automatic email responses for customers that reserve a table via your website.
Squarespace may not offer as many restaurant website templates as Wix, but its strength lays in the amazing features it offers. The drag and drop editor is easy to use and lets you create beautiful, professional-looking websites that are sure to impress.
Squarespace offers online ordering and reservations through integrations with OpenTable and ChowNow. If you opt for the paid plan, then you will also get a custom domain name and hosting as well as access to email marketing and eCommerce tools.
Do You Need Help Building Your Website
Both of these website builders can help you design gorgeous restaurant sites. They also provide features that make marketing and monitoring your site a bit easier. But, if you want to add an extra layer of professionalism to your web design, then we here at Australian Internet Advertising can help.
Whether you own an online store, a restaurant, or a travel business, we can create sites that will bring you higher rankings, higher conversions, and ultimately more sales.
Check out our services here.