Did you know that websites are split into two different categories? First, there’s the well known static website everyone knows and is familiar with, but there is also the dynamic website which you may know less about.
In this article, we will go through what dynamic web design is, and what benefits it brings to the table.
Dynamic Web Design 101
A dynamic website is a website designed to display different content and give different user experiences. By comparison, static websites are a lot easier to create because they require less time and even skills to create an amazing website.
For dynamic sites, however, things are a bit more complicated. While static sites are usually written in HTML, and what’s written in the code is the content a user gets to see, a dynamic site is written using client-side scripting and server-side scripting languages like JSP, ASP, or PHP. Its content is called in by the scripting language from other files and data. What data is called and shown to users ultimately depends on their actions.
Do You Need a Dynamic Site?
Dynamic web design can obviously lead to some amazing websites, but do you need it? To answer this question, you need to understand your business and see if it benefits you.
Let’s comparate the pros and cons of dynamic web design.
● Minimal time and effort to create, as the layout is connected to a database and the page content is pulled from it. This means you do not need to create pages for every product in your catalogue, for instance;
● Easy to update and add functionalities;
● Lower costs in the long run;
● Can have a professional look with minimal design elements
Static website cons:
● Higher costs upfront, and will take longer to build a great website;
● Custom website design is usually simpler, with no complicated templates to ensure different content can appear correctly.
Which One Should You Choose?
If you want a modern site, you likely need to choose a dynamic web design. Static design is fine for informational sites where you only need to display text, and that’s pretty much it. And, we can help.
Australian Internet Advertising can save you time having the professional in-house design team take care of your dynamic website’s needs. If you want an amazing website design, book a 30-minute strategy session with us or call us at 1300 304 640.