It takes time and a lot of sweat to create valuable content. As a business owner, you should know by now that you must provide seamless user experience if you want to conquer the search engine optimisation game.
But how do you measure the effectiveness of your content? After all, you’re not a writer; you’re a business person, so you may be anxious about the quality of the articles you publish on your company’s blog.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the best out of what is on the market.
- Start by Finding the Proper Content Distribution Channels
The first step towards measuring the SEO worthiness of your content is ensuring that you aren’t neglecting any medium that might be relevant to your audience.
However, do not regurgitate content from your website to your Facebook page and then your newsletter. Try to adapt everything to the channel and the audience. For instance, people on Twitter are more interested in educational content while those on Facebook are looking for entertainment. So, give them that, but make sure the content you’re sharing is connected to your products and business goals.
- Make Sure You Create Quality Content.
Unfortunately, there is no tool you can use to help you recognize quality content, but your intuition and experience might help. Check for the following:
- Originality: If you sound just like everybody else, your content will get lost in the internet void. Don’t be afraid to go off the beaten path and explore new topics or new angles. Both the search engines and your audience will appreciate it.
- Audience Appropriation: One of the first rules of effective content writing is that you shouldn’t use the same formula for all audiences. Prospects tune out content which, albeit original, is not connected to them in any way.
- Media Appropriation: You need to learn how to change your writing style depending on the media used. Writing for print is completely different than writing for the web. The former allows for longer paragraphs and a wider choice of typefaces, while the latter imposes a more alert style, with shorter paragraphs, bullet points, and headings. On a side note, also make sure that your photos and videos load as quickly as possible and that your website is mobile responsive.
- Storytelling Capacity: Research is key to quality content and, consequently, search engine optimisation. Ask around, visit other websites, and try to make sense of the content they write. Your story should be memorable and act as a hook for consumers.
- Attention to Details: You might think that a typo can’t cause much damage, but people tend to get tangled in details like spelling and grammar. Not to mention, it looks sloppy and unprofessional to publish an article about an upscale product but not check for typos.
- Measure the SEO Value of Your Content
Organic traffic is a good starting point for your SEO worthiness, but it’s not the only tool you can use. You should also pay attention to organic ranking and generated leads/conversions, engagement level, time spent on page, and brand awareness. Try some of the tools below to make it easier to track and measure the performance of your content:
- Attribution modeling allows you to understand better what segments of your content (called touches) contribute to conversion and to what extent. Is it the landing page copy, the intriguing photos, or the infographic?
- A/B test for areas of your website where you don’t usually create content every day, like forms and pop-ups.
- Link counting measures how valuable your content is by the number of links to it on other websites.
- Comments show deeper engagement and are a good signal for users who are worth nurturing.
The SEO value of your content will influence your site’s ranking and, by extension, the development of your business. Invest enough time and resource for quality content creation, and you will see a profit soon enough, both regarding actual sales and brand awareness.
If the task of creating content that is SEO worthy sounds like too much trouble to you, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Here at Australian Internet Advertising, an SEO Sydney agency, we can take care of your content creation needs so that you can focus on growing your business.